On this page you will find information about the English and Swedish language courses that we provide for you as an exchange student.
Do you need to improve your English in order to be proficient enough for our courses or programmes? Or do you need to update your academic English for coming exams? Or maybe you are just interested in the English language? No matter what your intentions are, we offer interesting courses.
You can normally choose from the courses shown in the overview below. A number of the courses are connected and some of them may be prerequisites for subsequent courses.
You may apply for our English courses beforehand and will then usually be admitted with a condition, which may be lifted after the placement test. Alternatively, you may indicate what courses you would like to take on a special form handed out at the placement test. This test is given at the beginning of each semester and all exchange students are invited to take it. It indicates whether your level of English may be regarded as equivalent to Swedish prerequisites (high score or very high score) or lower than that (medium score or low score). More information will be provided during the Introduction Programme.
English courses are often taken by exchange student in conjunction with courses in other subjects and might be taken in addition to full-time studies in other subjects. Exchange students with certificates showing a level of English which is equivalent to the general prerequisites for Swedish students and/or with a high score at the entrance test and who wish to study English full time may combine the following courses in the spring of 2016: EN141G (1.5 credits), EN172G (6 credits) and three of the following four courses: EN144G (7.5 credits), EN136G (7.5 credits), EN145G (7.5 credits) and EN139G (7.5 credits).
For more information about each course, please click the adequate link below:
• English/Preparatory Course G1N 7.5 credits (EN155G) only in the autumn
• English/Basic University Course G1N 7.5 credits (EN147G)
• English/Business English G1N 7.5 credits (EN145G)
• English/Oral Presentation Techniques G1N 7.5 credits (EN136G)
• English/Academic Writing 7.5 credits (EN144G) only in the spring
• English/Pronunciation G1N 1.5 credits (EN141G)
• English/The U.K. and the U.S. G1N 6 credits (EN172G)
• English/20th Century Literature G1N 7.5 credits (EN139G)
Are you interested in learning Swedish during your stay in Skövde? Then you should consider the following courses. For more information about each course, please check the University course catalogue, or follow one of the course links below.
- Swedish Culture and Society G1N
- Swedish for International Students 1: Oral Proficiency and Listening Comprehension G1N
- Swedish for International Students 2: Text and Grammar G1N
Please be aware that there may be schedule conflicts with your other courses.
Lecturer in English
0500-44 89 03
Lecturer in English
0500-44 89 02
Senior Lecturer in English
0500 - 44 89 15
Emma Eurenius, fil mag
Lecturer in Swedish
0500-44 82 71
Questions about admission to our master programmes?
Phone: +46 (0)500-44 82 00