Vision for the Systems Biology Research Centre
Our overall vision is that the Systems Biology Research Centre at the University of Skövde will be a nationally leading, as well as an internationally respected environment for research and the education of graduate students within the area of systems biology.
We want to:
- Be an attractive workplace for new researchers and graduate students as well as for already established scientists.
- Conduct research that includes the whole chain from basic to applied research in close co-operation with the business community, with a high degree of both national and international external funding.
- Develop the concept of systems biology and apply it to new areas of application.
Goals and strategies
The Systems Biology Research Centre at the University of Skövde will be a nationally leading and internationally respected environment for researchers and graduate students within the area of systems biology through:
- Establishing new national and international co-operations
- Expanding our international publications.
- Arranging and participating in scientific conferences.
- Active work within the environment regarding common applications for funding and more specific applications.
- Development of collaborations with customers by:
- Making it possible, through an on-going dialogue, to commercialize and utilize research results.
- Connecting research efforts and regional development.