The academic year consists of two semesters, an autumn semester and a spring semester, each extending over 20 weeks. The autumn semester runs from the end of August to mid-January, and the spring semester from mid-January to mid-June.
There are no regular breaks in the academic calendar. However, it is common to find there are no or few classes around Christmas and Easter.
Please note that the autumn semester continues after the Christmas holidays. Exchange students who study at the University of Skövde during the autumn semester may only take distance exams at their home institution after December 22. Observe that students staying an entire year must be back for exams in January (for more information see: Distance Examination). Students studying during the spring semester are allowed to take exams offered after August 1 as distance exams at their home institution.
The academic year for 2022/2023:
- Autumn semester: August 29, 2022 - January 15, 2023
- Spring semester: January 16, 2023 - June 4, 2023
The academic year for 2021/2022:
- Autumn semester: August 30, 2021 - January 16, 2022
- Spring semester: January 17, 2022 - June 5, 2022
The academic year for 2020/2021:
- Autumn semester: August 31, 2020 - January 17, 2021
- Spring semester: January 18, 2021 - June 6, 2021
The academic year for 2019/2020:
- Autumn semester: September 2, 2019 - January 19, 2020
- Spring semester: January 20, 2020 - June 7, 2020
The academic year for 2018/2019:
- Autumn semester: September 3, 2018 - January 20, 2019
- Spring semester: January 21, 2019 - June 9, 2019
At the University of Skövde, we use the week numbers in our schedules.
Week numbers refer to the number of week in a year, starting with week 1 first week of January and ending with week 52 at the end of December.
Example: Week 3, 2019 = week of January 14, 2019